In line with the aim of Kuala Lumpur Development, the target and goal of Kampong Bharu development for Kuala Lumpur to achieve world-class city must be viewed in the aspects of:
- Promoting urban tourism as a catalyst for urban economic growth by making Kampong Bharu as the centre of culture and tourism;
- Strengthening trade and financial activities towards international trade and knowledge based by making Kampong Bharu a business area; and
- Provision of more optimal business spaces.
- Integration between transportation and land use development through transit oriented development (TOD) in Kampong Bharu;
- Optimising the use of land through mixed-use development;
- Improving greenery area by creating an image of tropical garden for Kampong Bharu;
- Establishing a comprehensive urban communication system through the provision of user-friendly pedestrian facilities and optimising the use of public transport; and
- Providing complete, sustainable and world class infrastructural and infostructural facilities.
- Transforming Kampong Bharu to be the main urban residential area (urban living) which is more comfortable, dynamic (vibrant), condusive and safe and also meet the needs of the community;
- Focusing on the development of quality and innovative residential space and provision of adequate public amenities; and
- Offering properties with competitive price.
- Creating a quality, clean and organised urban design and environment of Kampong Bharu;
- Creating an area with interesting characteristics and global oriented.
- Maintaining, conserving, restore and optimising the use of existing potential historical and heritage building;
- Improving the charater of street landscape and visual of major roads;
- Establishing a good urban ventilation through the provision of open and green strip area;
- Optimising available potentials including encouraging tourism.
- Establishing a service delivery system with quality, integrity and innovative; and
- Meets the expectations of stakeholders and customers in all types of services based on the principles of efficiency, honesty and accountability.