Kampong Bahru Development Corporation Act 2011 [Act 733] was passed by the Parliament on December 7, 2011 while the Kampong Bharu Development Corporation (PKB) was established on April 1, 2012. PKB has been entrusted as the coordinator, facilitator and prime mover in the redevelopment of Kampong Bharu.
Generating potential of the property and transforming the economy towards greater well-being which is balanced with the preservation of historical value, cultural characteristics and the Malay heritage of Kampong Bharu.
No landowner and inheritor shall be marginalized in the mainstream of Kampong Bharu Redevelopment by the year 2020.
- To become the prime mover and facilitator in implementing efficient and effective policies, directives and strategies within the area of Kampong Bharu Redevelopment;
- To provide various service initiatives for development and viable advisory services in the redevelopment or improvement of Kampong Bharu Redevelopment area;
- To spur, stimulate and promote activities for economic, commercial and industrial growth through strategic alliances and partnerships that benefit the landowners and inheritors of Kampong Bharu land;
- To ensure professional management in development and financial administration, and
- To ensure that all the features of development are based on the preservation of Malay culture and heritage as well as Islamic virtues.